Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Outhouse~

       June~ First things first

I moved to a spot where I was happy with the view, and location, to build my home. My Buddy Tom said that I should build an outhouse first. I took his advice! It's always good at times, to listen to your friends!



       First thing I did was start digging a hole. Well as I was digging, I realized....*how deep*-*how big*? How much do I poop:) lol So I went online, and looked up outhouses to build. Up came this plan, and it seemed easy enough for *me*! The photos up top are of a few stages! I had one small question....what if friends came over to stay? How long would it take to fill? This is not just any old outhouse! This is Johnny's outhouse! So I got ready to go to my neighbors house to ask him about, how deep to dig the hole. Well....all of a sudden, here comes Lester and Linda. My neighbor from 6 miles away!! Lucky me!! I showed Lester the hole, which was 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 2 ft. He said his was a smaller hole, in the ground. That was humor!! It lasted him 2 years! So what I did was build the outhouse on skids!! Smart huh?! If it filled up I could dig a new hole, and pull it forward with my truck over the new hole! Sometimes I scare myself with my ideas!:) I figured that in a year or so I would have to pull the outhouse forward a couple of feet over a new hole, and waaa laaa! Ka-done! I gave myself about 18 ft. That way I could move it forward about every year or so, or when it filled. That's about 8 or 9 years of doing, you know what!! In that amount of time the old pit could be covered with straw, wet down, turned over every so often and in a year or so, the fertilizer could be used in my garden!! Huh?! How 'bout them apples? By the way...I use *lime* to sprinkle over everything, and with the vent on the side and the *black* 4" pipe, *that creates it's own suction* when it heats up, there is *no* smell folks!! Woo hoo!! In that amount of time I would be all *pooped out* !! Ha! This was my first endeavor. It took me 2 weeks to complete, at about $175., and was not real easy, but, not that bad at all. the digging was the hard part, because about 6" below the topsoil the ground is hard pack clay!! Whew!! I did it, so can you! I found this rather funny writing about and could have had many more wise cracks, but kept the humor down to a roar!!!  next episode, I will go through and show the building stages of my *home* being built. Till my next post, thanks ya'll~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment