Friday, May 20, 2011

How it started~


The Grass Hopper~ 5x8
      About six years ago, I had a heart attack. This was the beginning of my retirement. Could not work anymore. Ok? I healed up, thanks to my doctors care and a complete change in my diet. So....about three years went by, while I lived in a couple of different studio apartments. My last studio apt. I didn't like the place or the owner. He was a drunk, and still is, but that's his problem! I was sitting in the apt. one day watching TV and  the commercial came on. I looked up at the wall, then looked at the wall to my right, then the other two walls! I had a question for myself. What was I doing here? I couldn't answer!! I thought that I should be out enjoying life. You know traveling, discovering a new pyramid or something!! That's when I decided to travel the western states, visiting all the state and national parks. Ok? I had no RV type trailer of any kind, but I did have a beautiful sand rail that was nothing but a money pit!! So..... I sold the rail and it's trailer, and only cried for two weeks! Ha! (just kidding) That was when I decided to build a teardrop trailer. I found plans for one called a Grass Hopper, of which there is a couple of photos of the little bugger up top. I spent the next three months building the Grass Hopper at my friend Jim's shop. Thank you Jim. I have a special thanks to Jim's son, Kory for helping with the build, and especially for helping and doing  the wiring. The Grass Hopper trailer came out beautiful! I hit the road jack, and wasn't planning on coming back no more, no more!! I became.....I don't know, I just became!!

1 comment:

  1. You just became unemcumbered by normal or what is nowadays called normal society with all the entrapments and along with the lightened load(s) comes a form of enlightenment as well to go with it! Good for you, too many never get to see or do what they really want and put things off till this moment or that moment that for too many never comes! All the best to you always and in all ways, John!
    :) Vivian :)

    ReplyDelete