Sunday, May 15, 2011

How it's going~

   
     Above are my plans which have been changed for the 30th time from this original drawing, and a photo for my 2-story home. It will be built out of cob and straw bales. The walls of the home will be about two feet thick. Cob is a mixture of dirt~clay~sand and straw.  The home will not actually be a two story, but tall enough to have a loft. The square footage will be about 200, I changed this from 240 because of AZ codes, which only allow 200 sq. ft. without permits. It will not be my first building to live in, but my final residence after I slowly build it. Which I figure it will take me, 2 to 3 years. The house will be built with as much recycled material as possible. I have plans for using fallen trees for lumber in the roof, windows and door frames. A car windshield used as an east facing window in the kitchen. Broken concrete and rubble for the foundation. My wish is to build my home so that it becomes part of the land, and not just, a house built on it. My plans on the home call for 12 volt lighting from solar panels. My refrigerator will be a Sundanzer chest type with  PV solar panels. Which is quite an interesting set up, because the refer gets it's power directly from the panels and batteries. No inverter is needed, as the refer is 12 volt. So..... join me at  Cedar House Ranch

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your progress.

    Regards, oliver@naturalhomes

    ReplyDelete